Bank of Baroda Reports Strong Asset Quality in Q4FY23, Profit Zooms 168% YoY to Rs 4,775 crore, declares dividend at Rs 5.5 per share
L to R: Shri Lalit Tyagi ED, BoB; Shri Ajay K Khurana, ED, BoB; Shri Sanjiv Chadha, MD & CEO, BoB; Shri Debadatta Chand, ED, BoB; Shri Joydeep Dutta Roy, ED, BoB and Shri Ian De Souza, CFO, BoB
MUMBAI, 16 MAY, 2023 (GPN): State run Bank of Baroda today reported a standalone net profit of Rs 4,775 crore, up 168% year-on-year (YoY) for the fourth quarter ended March 2023. In the same quarter of last year, it posted a net profit of Rs 1,779 crore.
Its net interest income (NII) for the quarter grew 33.8% at Rs 11,525 crore. Meanwhile, NII registered a growth of 26.8% YoY for FY23 to Rs 41,355 crore.
Global NIM stood at 3.53% in Q4FY23, an increase of 45 bps YoY. NIM for FY23 stood at 3.31 % against 3.03% for FY22. Domestic NIM stood at 3.65% in Q4FY23, a rise of 51 bps YoY. NIM for FY23 stood at 3.42% as compared 3.09% for FY22.
The bank reported a strong quarter on the asset quality front with both gross non-performing assets (NPAs) and net NPAs on the downward trend. The gross NPA of the bank fell to 3.79% in the January-March period, compared with 6.61% in the year-ago quarter.
Meanwhile, net NPAs too were at a record low of 0.89% in Q4 FY23 as against 1.72% in Q4 FY22.
“The Bank has recommended a dividend at Rs 5.50 per equity share (Face Value Rs.2/- each fully paid up) for the FY2022-23 subject to declaration/ approval at the ensuing 27th Annual General Meeting,” Bank of Baroda said in an exchange filing.
The Board of Directors of Bank of Baroda have fixed July 1, 2023 to July 7, 2023 (both days inclusive) as Book Closure dates for the purpose of 27th AGM and dividend payment. Hence, shareholders having shares as on cut-off date i.e. 30th June 2023 shall be eligible for dividend.
Global advances of the Bank increased to Rs 9,69,548 crore, up 18.5% YoY, led by robust retail loan book growth. Meanwhile, domestic advances of the Bank increased to Rs 7,95,560 crore, up 16.3% YoY. International advances grew by 6.3% sequentially in Q4FY23 and stood at Rs 1,73,988 crore.
It’s organic retail advances grew by 26.8%, driven by growth in high-focus areas such as Auto Loan (24.4%), Home Loan (19.5%), Personal Loan (101.5%), Mortgage Loan (18.0%), Education Loan (21.8%).
Global deposits of the bank surged by 15.1% YoY to Rs 12,03,688 crore. Domestic deposits increased by 13% YoY to Rs 10,47,375 crore in March 2023.
The bank’s operating income grew 34.6% YoY during the Q4 FY23 to Rs 6,823 crore, while operating profit for the March quarter stood at Rs 8,073 crore, up 43.3% YoY.
Return on Assets for FY23 stood at 1.03%, up by 43 bps YoY, while Return on Equity for FY23 increased by 648 bps YoY to 18.34%.
- BOB reported a standalone Net Profit of INR 4,775 crore in Q4FY23 as against a profit of INR 1,779 crore in Q4FY22. It grew by 94% YoY and stands at INR 14,110 crore for FY23.
- Net Interest Income (NII) grew by 33.8% YoY to INR 11,525 crore in Q4FY23. NII registered a growth of 26.8% YoY for FY23 and stands at INR 41,355 crore.
- Global NIM stands at 3.53% in Q4FY23, increase of 45 bps YoY. NIM for FY23 stands at 3.31% against 3.03% for FY22.
- Domestic NIM stands at 3.65% in Q4FY23, increase of 51 bps YoY. NIM for FY23 stands at 3.42% against 3.09% for FY22.
- Yield on Advances increased to 8.47% in Q4FY23 as against 6.81% in Q4FY22.
- Cost of Deposits stands at 4.43% in Q4FY23 as against 3.53% in Q4FY22.
- Operating Income for Q4FY23 stands at INR 14,991 crore, increase of 34.6% YoY. It registered a growth of 16.5% YoY for FY23 and stands at INR 51,381 crore.
- Operating Profit for Q4FY23 stands at INR 8,073 crore, increase of 43.3% on a YoY basis. Operating Profit for FY23 stands at INR 26,864 crore up by 20% YoY.
- Cost to Income ratio reduced to 46.15% for Q4FY23 as against 49.39% for Q4FY22. It declined by 152 bps YoY and stands at 47.72% for FY23.
- Return on Assets (annualised) improved to 1.34% in Q4FY23 from 0.57% in Q4FY22. Return on Assets for FY23 stands at 1.03% up by 43 bps YoY.
- Return on Equity (annualised) for FY23 increased by 648 bps YoY to 18.34%.
- For the consolidated entity, Net Profit stood at INR 14,905 crore in FY23 as against INR 7,850 crore in FY22.
- The Gross NPA of the Bank reduced by 32% YoY to INR 36,764 crore in Q4FY23 and Gross NPA Ratio improved to 3.79% in Q4FY23 from 6.61% in Q4FY22.
- The Net NPA Ratio of the Bank stands at a record low of 0.89% in Q4FY23 as compared with 1.72% in Q4FY22.
- The Provision Coverage Ratio of the Bank stood at 92.43% including TWO and 77.19% excluding TWO in Q4FY23.
- Slippage ratio declined to 1.02% for Q4FY23 as against 2.52% in Q4FY22. Slippage ratio for FY23 reduced by 54 bps and stands at 1.07%.
- Credit cost for the Q4FY23 stands at 0.14% and 0.53% for the full year.
- CRAR of the Bank stands at 16.24% in Mar’23. Tier-I stood at 13.99% (CET-1 at 12.24%, AT1 at 1.75%) and Tier-II stood at 2.25% as of Mar’23.
- The CRAR and CET-1 of consolidated entity stands at 16.73% and 12.83% respectively
- The Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) consolidated stands at 135.4%.
- Global Advances of the Bank increased to INR 9,69,548 crore, +18.5% YoY.
- Domestic Advances of the Bank increased to INR 7,95,560 crore, +16.3% YoY.
- International advances grew by 6.3% sequentially in Q4FY23 stands at INR 1,73,988 crore.
- Global Deposits increased by 15.1% YoY to INR 12,03,688 crore.
- Domestic Deposits increased by 13% YoY to INR 10,47,375 crore in Mar’23.
- International Deposits grew by 31.4% on a YoY basis to INR 1,56,313 crore in Mar’23.
- Domestic CASA deposits registered a growth of 7.9% YoY and stands at INR 4,42,511 crore.
- Domestic Saving deposits grew by 7.6% on a YoY basis in Mar’23 and Domestic Current deposits registered a growth of 9.2% YoY.
- Organic Retail Advances grew by 26.8%, led by growth in high focus areas such as Auto Loan (24.4%), Home Loan (19.5%), Personal Loan (101.5%), Mortgage Loan (18%), Education Loan (21.8%) on a YoY basis.
- Agriculture loan portfolio grew by 13.2% YoY to INR 1,24,247 crore.
- Total Gold loan portfolio (including retail and agri.) stands at INR 38,251 crore, registering a growth of 30.5% on a YoY basis.
- Organic MSME portfolio grew by 11.7% YoY to INR 1,08,196 crore.
Financial result for Quarter ended 31st March 2023
|Particulars (INR crore)||Q4FY22||Q3FY23||Q4FY23||YoY(%)||FY22||FY23||YoY(%)|
|Net Interest Income (NII)||8,612||10,818||11,525||33.8||32,622||41,355||26.8|
|Total Provisions (other than tax) and contingencies||3,736||2,404||1,421||-62.0||13,002||7,137||-45.1|
|of which, Provision for NPA Bad Debts Written-off||5,200||817||320||-93.8||14,640||4,351||-70.3|
|Profit before Tax||1,899||5,828||6,652||—||9,387||19,727||—|
|Provision for Tax||120||1,976||1,877||—||2,114||5,617||—|
|Particulars (INR crore)||Mar 31 2022||Dec 31, 2022||Mar 31, 2023||YoY (%)|
|Of which, retail loan portfolio (Organic)||1,40,399||1,66,861||1,78,037||26.8|
|NIM Global %||3.08||3.37||3.53||45 bps|
|Return on Assets (%)||0.57||1.13||1.34|
|Gross NPA (%)||6.61||4.53||3.79|
|Net NPA (%)||1.72||0.99||0.89|
|PCR (with TWO) (%)||88.71||92.34||92.43|