Dr Fauziya Ansari, Dietitian, Apollo Spectra Mumbai
Pledge to stay healthy by including these vital vitamins in the diet in 2023. Doing so can help you to improve your well-being. Read on to know more about this.
Vitamins and minerals help I growth and development of the body. It will be a good idea to eat vitamin-rich foods instead of taking pills. Did you know? There are around 13 essential vitamins which include vitamins A, C, D, E, K, and the B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, B6, B12, and folate). It is essential to include vitamins in the diet on an immediate basis with the help of an expert. Taking your vitamins will help you to stay hale and hearty, and reduce stress. Now, we are ringing in the New Year, so it is the need of the hour to take charge of your health and include these vitamins on an immediate basis. Do so and you will surely notice the change. Remember that when it comes to your health, you should not take anything lightly at all.
These are some of the vitamins that you need to include in the diet without any delay
• Vitamin A: Are you aware? This vitamin is needed for growth and development. It is also required for recognition, vision, immune function, and reproduction. Moreover, eating vitamin A-rich foods can help your heart, lungs, kidneys, and other organs function to function in a proper way. Opt for sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkins, leafy vegetables, mangoes, and papayas.
• Vitamin B12(cobalamin): It allows one to maintain nerve and blood cells healthy. Eat in the quantity recommended by the doctor only. Try to get your daily dose of vitamin B12 via fish, poultry, milk, and fortified breakfast cereals. Some people will also require vitamin B12 supplements to get enough B12.
• Vitamin C: It plays a pivotal role in controlling infections and healing wounds. Moreover, it is also a powerful antioxidant that allows neutralizing of harmful free radicals. It can aid in tackling infections such as pneumonia and banish wrinkles too. Drink orange juice, eat Kiwi, strawberries, red and green peppers, broccoli, green leafy vegetables, and tomatoes.
• Vitamin D: Also called a sunshine vitamin, it helps in regulating the amount of calcium and phosphate present in one’s body. Vitamin D is needed to keep bones, teeth, and muscles healthy. Get enough amount of this sunshine vitamin from fatty fish, fish liver oils, and milk products.
• Vitamin E: It is necessary for the brain, and skin as well as your vision. Eat almonds, avocados, pumpkin seeds, blackberries, apricots, raspberries, broccoli, and spinach. It is better to make sure to follow a well-balanced diet in order to manage your health issues. This New Year, try to give up on junk, processed, oily and canned food and switch to healthier options.