Mercedes-Benz presents the most agile roadster in its portfolio, drives in the new Mercedes-AMG SLC 43
Commemorating 20 years of the SLK globally, the Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 launched in India within 4 months of international debut
• Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 is the first product being introduced with a new two-digit nomenclature – 43
• Mercedes-Benz unveiled the SLK (R 170) at the 66th Turin Motor Show and it heralded the beginning of a new era for open top motoring, as its roof design served as a model for many other open-top vehicles
• The SLK 55 with V8 naturally aspirated engine and cylinder shut-off system is now replaced by the SLC 43 with 3.0-litre V6 bi-turbo engine
• The sound of sportive power: 3.0 L V6 bi-turbo, 270 kW [367 hp] and a torque of 520 Nm | Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 accelerates from 0- 100 km/h in a mere 4.7 seconds
• Smartphone integration package comprising Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto
• Motorized by the revolutionary 9G-TRONIC transmission ensures faster and smoother gear changes without compromising on fuel efficiency
• AMG sports suspension: Enables high cornering speed, agile handling and larger stabilizer elements
• AMG High Performance BrakeSystem: Ensures excellent deceleration performance and precision brake control
• AMG speed-sensitive sports steering: With two steering modes (C & S), AMG ride control sport suspension and steering,sportier exhaust system, this is a power-packed roadster designed for performance enthusiasts
• AMG Sports Exhaust System: Exudes sporty character and reinforces the emotional sound experience. The acoustics can be tailored to suit personal taste in conjunction with the DYNAMIC SELECT driving modes via the integrated exhaust flap
• The Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 is priced at INR77.50 lakhs(ex-showroom, Delhi)
New Delhi: The country’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz today further consolidated its presence in the performance motoring segment with the launch of the new Mercedes-AMG SLC 43. With thesuperlative addition of the Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 to its portfolio,Mercedes-Benz India now becomes the luxury car brand with the widest range of performance cars in its portfolio. The Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 also becomes the first car in India, to be introduced with a new two digit nomenclature ‘43’. Commemorating 20 successful years of the SLK, globally, Mercedes-Benz India launched this sensational performance roadster for its discerning customers within 4 months from its international debut. The Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 was launched by Roland Folger, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes Benz India in Mercedes-Benz’s world-class AMG Performance Centre in New Delhi.
“AMGs are unmatched in terms of performance motoring and we will be introducing some of the most exciting AMG vehicles as part of our ‘Winning’ strategy for 2016. The all new Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 is an illustration of cutting-edge technology coupled with superlative design elements and unmatched performance in equanimity. Mercedes-Benz set new standards in the luxury open top motoring in India with the launch of the SLK. Now, we celebrate 20 successful years of this timeless roadster, with the introduction of theAMG SLC 43 within 4 months from its international debut. With the launch of the Mercedes-AMG SLC 43, we continue to follow our ‘top of pyramid’ approach and take pride in offering the widest range of performance vehicles for our astute Indian customers.” commented Roland Folger, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes Benz India.
Roland Folger further added, “We have a strategic focus on the AMG performance brand in India, and we are excited to see our strategy bearing fruits. Mercedes-AMG has remained the most popular name in the performance circuit in India, and our concerted efforts over the years have paid off in reaching out to newer customer base for the brand. The AMG SLC 43 is a strategic addition to our AMG portfolio,which will make the brand accessible to more performance enthusiasts. With 10 AMG products, Mercedes-AMG now offers the largest performance cars portfolio and we comprehensively lead the top-end performance cars segment in India. Our AMG portfolio has seen tremendous success and we are thrilled to add yet another superlative driving experience to our portfolio. It is an exciting time for Mercedes-Benz and our success in the luxury car segment underlines that our strategy to focus on the top of the pyramid products is paying off rich dividends.”
New model, new nomenclature
The new Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 is a remarkable additionto the current roadster world of AMG and will feature the new AMG nomenclature. The Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 is the first V6 model to feature the new nomenclature.Combining its overall “engineered in Affalterbach” package of typical AMG driving dynamics, engine response and high efficiency; the Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 is a very competitive performance roadster in the segment. The 43 here stands for the 3.0-litre V6 bi-turbo engine that has been further developed by the AMG engineers. This will gradually be introduced across the future AMG model range.
My Mercedes-My Service
Under the recently launched My Mercedes-My Service programme, the compact service packages for the AMG SLC 43starts at INR 84,000 and the package comes with an industry first of unlimited mileage. This package will cover all the periodic maintenance jobs of the car, ensuring a hassle free and delightful ownership experience. The cost of extended warranty for the 4th year for the AMG SLC 43 is at INR 200,000.
Enviable design elements
AMG Body styling:The powerful AMG Body styling ensures a dynamic appearance from any angle. An AMG-specific frontbumper and a diffuser-look rear bumper lend the vehicle an unmistakable character.The front end also conveys an emphatically expressive impression – the steep diamond radiator grille in chrome with louvre in iridium silver and chrome trim.
Front End Design Elements
• Dynamic LED headlamps with ILS and integrated DRLs and turn indicators
• Dynamically shaped air intakes with fins in silver chrome and flics in high-gloss black
• Diamond radiator grille in chrome with louvre in iridium silver
• Specific front apron with front splitter in silver chrome
Rear End Design Elements
• Redesigned LED tail lights
• Diffuser-look rear bumper with silver chrome trim
• Powerfully swept-back boot lid with brake lamp in the spoiler lip
• AMG sports exhaust system with two chrome-plated tailpipe tips with crossbar integrated flush into the bumper (4-pipe look)
The interiors of the AMG SLC 43 are precisely designed keeping in mind the sporty appeal of an AMG without compromising on the class and comfort of a Mercedes-Benz. The sports seats with high seat side bolsters ensure excellent lateral support.Some salient features of the explicitly designed seats for this roadster include:
• Nappa leather / DINAMICA microfiber black
• Designo seat belts in red
• Electrical fore/aft, height and backrest angle adjustment with three memory settings
• Integral crash-responsive NECK-PRO head restraints, height-adjustable
AMG Instrument cluster
The AMG instrument cluster offers an exciting AMG design and valuable information for sporty drivers. The following are some fascinating features offered in the AMG SLC 43 for those avid petrol heads:
• The AMG main menu including RACETIMER is displayed in high resolution and in colour on the central 11.4-cm multifunction display
• Speedometer with 280-km/h scale
• AMG-specific “chequered flag” design and AMG-specific lettering
AMG DYNAMIC SELECT
AMG DYNAMIC SELECT allows selection of 5 different drive modes as desired. The drive mode changes the characteristics of the engine, transmission, exhaust system, suspension and steering to fully bring out the dynamism of this model
• ECO | Comfort | Sport | Sport+ | Individual
AMG sports suspension
• AMG-specific mounts for engine and rear differential for the best compromise between handling and comfort
• Four-link rear axle with optimised elastokinematics including larger negative camber for optimal driving dynamics and controllability up to the critical limits
AMG High Performance Braking System
The AMG high-performance braking system with internally ventilated and perforated brake discs all round offers excellent deceleration performance and precision brake control.
AMG speed-sensitive sports steering
With its constant and direct steering ratio, the AMG speed-sensitive sports steering promotes a sporty driving style with linear cornering properties and clear feedback at the critical limits. The steering power assistance adjusts to the transmission mode set via DYNAMIC SELECT.
AMG Sports Exhaust System
The sports exhaust system features an even sportier character and reinforces the emotional sound experience. The acoustics can be tailored to suit personal taste in conjunction with the DYNAMIC SELECT driving modes via the integrated exhaust flap.
Other driving dynamics
• 9G-TRONIC transmission
• ECO start/stop
• ESP® Curve Dynamic Assist
• Cruise control with ‘SPEEDTRONIC’ variable speed limiter
Multifunction Sport Steering Wheel
For outstanding vehicle control and ergonomics, the multifunction sports steering wheel in nappa leather has a flat bottom. Exclusive sportiness is also evident in the 3-spoke design; the steering wheel has paddle shifters in black.
The SLC’s vario-roof combines open-top driving pleasure with uncompromised comfort in poor weather. Operating the electrohydraulic roof is now even more straightforward. In a situation when the roof is opening or closing and the vehicle has to move off due to the traffic conditions, the process which was started when at a standstill can be continued up to a speed of approx. 40 km/h.
Smartphone Integration Package and Garmin® MAP PILOT
Integration of compatible smartphones with the relevant operating systems in the vehicle via Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto is possible in the SLC 43. This makes operation via voice control possible, for example. The system supports the major applications and selected apps including navigation.User-friendly navigation, precise map data and excellent route guidance – the Garmin® MAP PILOT brings all the familiar benefits of a Garmin® navigation system to the Audio 20 CD.
• Adaptive brake lights, flashing | ATTENTION ASSIST
• Adaptive Brakes with Anti-lock Braking system, priming & brake drying function, Hill Start Assist & HOLD function
• Brake Assist (BAS) with brake servo assistance when emergency braking is detected
• Acceleration skid control (ASR) | 3-stage Electronic Stability Program (ESP®)
• Airbags for driver and co-driver, window airbags for driver, front passenger & rear seat occupants, Sidebag for driver and co-driver (combined thorax/pelvis bag)6 airbags in total
• PRE-SAFE® system with reversible belt tensioners for driver and front passenger seats, closing function for side windows
• Crash-responsive head restraints