Flipkart has launched an industry-first ‘Smart Upgrade Plan’ powered by Samsung Galaxy Forever
This plan is available on the purchase of Samsung Galaxy F41, Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus and Samsung Galaxy S20+
Bangalore, 1 December 2020: The extended work and learning from home scenario this year has led to an increased demand for multi-faceted smartphones. As a result, customers are seeking quick upgrades as their needs evolve and are constantly on the lookout for the best-in-class device features. Addressing this growing need, Flipkart and Samsung joined forces to offer customers a smart and affordable way to upgrade their smartphones, so that prices are not a deterrent in fulfilling their aspirations.
In partnership with Samsung, Flipkart has launched an industry-first Smart Upgrade plan, which enables cost-effective upgrades on Samsung smartphones. Under this plan, customers have to pay only 70% of the price of the Samsung smartphone. For example, if the customer wishes to purchase a smartphone which costs Rs. 15,999, they pay only Rs. 11,199 at the time of checkout on Flipkart. The payment can be made upfront or by choosing the EMI options available. After 1 year, customers will have two options –
- Upgrade to a new phone on Flipkart and return the original device, therefore saving 30% on the original price
- If customers wish to retain their phone, they can pay the remaining 30% of the original price and continue using their existing smartphone
The Smart Upgrade Plan was launched in October this year and has been met with a positive response with 2 out of every 5 customers opting for it.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to avail the Samsung Smart Upgrade plan on Flipkart:
- Add Flipkart Smart Upgrade plan from the product page
The first step is to browse the product page for the Samsung smartphone you wish to purchase. The Smart Upgrade plan is available on the Samsung Galaxy F41, Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus and Samsung Galaxy S20+. The page will highlight the Smart Upgrade plan that can be added on to the cart. You can purchase the plan for a nominal charge of Rs. 11
- Select payment method
The Smart Upgrade plan is applicable for payments made through Credit Card or Credit Card EMI purchases or Bajaj Finserv EMI Card
On the checkout page, a 30% discount will be applied. You pay 70% of the original price of the smartphone with the balance 30% paid back to the consumer upfront in the purchase bill as a future buy-back discount for the smartphone.
After one year, you can choose to opt for a new and upgraded smartphone or pay the remaining 30% and continue using the current device.
Here are some important points to remember:
- The device on which the Smart Upgrade Plan is availed will not be eligible for resale during the period of one year.
- In case the customer wishes to exchange the device after one year, the original box, charger, and accessories of the original phone need to be returned in working condition along with the original phone If the customer fails to provide the original box, charger and other accessories for the original phone under the conditions specified above, the device will not be eligible for exchange and the customer will need to pay the due amount to Fair Value.
- The plan cannot be bundled with existing product exchanges or combined with coins
- For more information, visit https://www.flipkart.com/pages/fsup-tnc