There are 1103 individuals with INR 1000 crore wealth, up by 96 from last year. We are sharing the press release, the report, and the list of all individuals for your perusal. We are also open to one-to-one interactions with the spokespersons of Hurun India and IIFL Wealth.
Some of the key highlights from the release are:
- While Gautam Adani and family grew their wealth 15.4 times in 5 years, Vinod Shantilal Adani & family grew their wealth by 9.5 times, Shiv Nadar & family grew their wealth by 5 times, followed by Radhakishan Damani & family who grew their wealth by 3.8 times in five years
- Two new faces in India top ten, led by Dilip Shanghvi (66) of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries and Uday Kotak (63) of Kotak Mahindra Bank
- 12 individuals worth INR 1 lakh crore or more, down from 13 on last year’s IIFL Wealth Hurun Wealth India Rich List
- With 36 entrepreneurs, Pharmaceuticals sector minted the most number of dollar billionaires followed by Chemicals & Petrochemicals (23) and Software & Services (21)
- 602 individuals increased their wealth, of which 149 are new faces
- A record 735 entrepreneurs or 67% are self-made, up from 659 last year, and up from 367(54%) five years ago. 79% (117) of new faces this year are self-made.
- Founder of Nykaa – Falguni Nayar, 59, overtakes ‘Biotech Queen’ Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, 69, to become the richest self-made Indian woman.
- Co-founder of Confluent, a streaming data technology company, Neha Narkhede aged 37 is the youngest self-made woman entrepreneur in India
- 13 people born in 90s made to the list, all self-made. Bengaluru -based Kaivalya Vohra, 19, of grocery delivery app Zepto is the youngest self-made and the youngest rich individual
- With 283 individuals, Mumbai tops the India Rich list followed by New Delhi (185) and Bengaluru (89); Mumbai added 28
- 14 professional managers made it to the list. With INR 12,100 crore, California-based Thomas Kurian, 62, is the richest who encashed his stake in oracle; with INR 6,500 crore, Ignatius Navil Noronha, 47, of Avenue Supermarts is the richest CEO based in India
- With an increase of 376% Ravi Modi of Vedant Fashions is the biggest gainer this year followed by Falguni Nayar & family (345%) and Rafique Abdul Malik & family (240%) of Metro Brands, a multi-brand footwear retail chain
- With 11.8 million followers on Twitter, Ratan Tata is the most-followed entrepreneur from IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022 on Indian social media, followed by Anand Mahindra with 9.7 million followers
- The cumulative wealth contributed by the Indian Unicorn and Gazelle listers to the rich list increased by 35% to INR 3,14,000 crore
- 65 founders of 37 unicorns made it to the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022
149 new faces, with a total of INR 3,18,200 crore;Of which chemicals is the fastest growing industry, adding 20 new faces
- Alkem Laboratories, Asian Paints, and Pidilite Industries produced the most number of rich listers with 11, 10, and 7 individuals respectivelyWith INR 2,700 crore, Rangarajan S of Data Patterns, the first defence and aerospace company to feature in the list
- There are 94 NRIs in the IIFL Wealth Hurun Indian Rich List 2022. 88% of them are self-made. With INR 169,000 crore, Vinod Shantilal Adani & family of Adani Group is the wealthiest NRI
- There 8 eight new entrants in the list from Fintech sector – CRED, Upstox and OneCard
More than a quarter or 280 billionaires on the list are second-generation entrepreneurs