Publishing Next 2015, 11th 12th September
Panel discussions at Publishing Next 2015
Top CEOs from Academic Publishing in India will come together here, along with renowned publishers from various Indian languages, as well as experts from allied fields like digital services and print services.
The pressing issues of the rapidly transforming industry: of new strategies to grow the publishing business, and also of re-imagining the shape of content for the future, will be discussed by experts representing different standpoints.
Among the highlights of the conference this year is a discussion on the state of library infrastructure in India.
A power-packed session will examine the nuts and bolts of self-publishing, which will bring together pioneers who’ve led the self-publishing sector in India.
Workshops for Publishing Professionals
Workshops focused on practical aspects of publishing, like Copyrights and Contracts, Social Media Marketing for books, Digitization of the Backlist and Podcasting will be led by experts in the field.
Power Presentations at Publishing Next 2015
Thought-provoking presentations: i.)On the importance of a translation promotion programme and the need for a translation subvention programme; ii.)An a–z of book printing and latest trends in printing industry.
A selected number of companies will be given the platform to pitch their innovations to the delegates attending the conference.
Mamang Dai, the noted journalist, author, poet, and former civil servant based in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh will give the keynote address atPublishing Next 2015.
Speakers from all over India
This year, invited speakers will come from Itanagar, Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Bangalore, Nagercoil, Kochi and Goa. Foreign speakers are coming from London and Ljubljana (Slovenia). Delegates will come from more cities and towns, including from places like Agartala, as well as from far-away Germany.
Selected list of speakers atPublishing Next 2015
· Sanjeev Goswami, MD Springer India, Delhi
· Vivek Mehra, CEO and MD SAGE,Delhi
· Emma House, Director for Publisher Relations at the Publishers Association (PA) ,UK
· Virendra Gupta, CEO Dailyhunt, Bangalore
· Nikhil Pahwa, Founder Editor and Publisher, MediaNama, Delhi
· PY Rajendra kumar, Former Director General of National Library, Kolkata
· Gandhi Kannadhasan, Owner Kannadhasan Pathipagam, Chennai
· Kannan Sundaram, Publisher Kalachuvadu Publications, Nagercoil
· Mamang Dai, Poet and Novelist, Itanagar
· Andrej Blatnik, Author and Translator, Slovenia
· Rasana Atreya, Author, Hyderabad
· Indrajit Gupta, Co-Founder and Director, Founding Fuel Publishing, Mumbai
· Jyoti Narula Ranjan, founder SynTalk, Mumbai
· Alind Maheshwari, Director Rajkamal Prakashan, Delhi
· Ramu Ramanathan, Editor PrintWeek India, Mumbai
· NimalKanti Bhattacharjee, Former Director National Book Trust and Editorial Director Niyogi Books, Delhi
Publishing Next 2015 Speakers’ profile
· Top Management of large publishing brands: CEOs, MDs, CTOs etc.
· Renowned Indian language publishers
· Independent publishers across genres
· Authors, Editors, Translators
· Rights and Licensing specialists
· Publishing Services companies
· Experts in allied areas: printing, digital services
· Publishing experts from India and abroad
· Library experts
· Marketing experts
· Wholesalers, distributors and book retailers
· Self-publishing services pioneers
Publishing Next is attended by
· Publishers of India, publishing in English and Indian languages, even those aspiring to be publishers
· Publishers and organizations based in other countries who are interested in what is happening in Indian publishing and wish to partner with publishers here
· Established authors and new authors
· Service providers such as translators, editors, designers, illustrators, etc.
· Books distributors, wholesalers and retailers
· E-book developers and providers of other allied IT services
· Publishing industry agencies,networking bodies
· Readers interested in the book industry
· Just about anybody who loves books
The Publishing Next Industry Awards
The conference will culminate in the presentation ceremony of the Publishing Next Industry Awards. The Awards, instituted in 2014, aim to recognize quality, entrepreneurship and innovation in the publishing sector.
2nd Publishing Next Industry Awards (PNIA), in 7 categories
- Publisher of the Year award
- Printed Book of the Year award
- Printed Children’s Book of the Year award
- Publishing Innovation of the Year award
- Digital book of the Year award
- Bookstore of the Year award
- Book Cover of the Year award