Informatica Application Retirement for Healthcare Solution Debuts at HIMSS 2015
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced the Informatica Application Retirement for Healthcare Solution, which enables healthcare organizations to quickly retire legacy clinical and operational data to a secure, consolidated and easily accessible archive while preserving and prolonging its business value. The Informatica Application Retirement for Healthcare Solution will be shown in the Informatica Booth (#3056) at the HIMSS Annual Conference, April 12-16, 2015 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
The Informatica Application Retirement for Healthcare Solution is aimed at healthcare provider organizations that are battling increasing IT complexity, risk and costs, as the result of maintaining legacy applications, as well as those unable to easily access legacy data in a cost- effective fashion. Based on the provenInformatica Data Archive platform, the Informatica solution empowers healthcare organizations to:
- Reduce IT costs while modernizing provider applications.
- Continue legacy data access after application retirement while reducing IT risk.
- Maintain compliance and privacy of patient information.
“Healthcare providers have replaced large numbers of legacy systems with modern, consolidated applications. Yet, the cost of continuing to manage the legacy applications remains a major drag on provider budgets, which keeps them from fully realizing the benefits of the new systems,” said Amit Walia, senior vice president and general manager, Data Integration and Security, Informatica. “The Informatica Application Retirement for Healthcare Solution is designed to help providers meet compliance mandates that dictate retaining and safeguarding patient records, while significantly driving down costs and leveraging the power of a consolidated, accessible archive.”
Key capabilities of the unique, out-of-the-box Informatica Application Retirement for Healthcare Solution include:
- Flexible, easy access to historical patient records. The solution features unique role-based access, where healthcare professionals can safely search and access patient records using the rich pre-built, customizable reports.
- Compliant access using built-in dynamic data masking. Award-winning, role-based dynamic data masking prevents unauthorized access to specific patient records or fields and anonymizes data used for analytics, such as population health management.
- Compliant archival storage. The highest ratio of data compression reduces storage requirements and costs, with integrated retention management capabilities and comprehensive audit logging for Fairwarning reporting.
- The ability to confidently de-commission revenue management systems with open receivables via the integrated Accounts Receivable Burndown capabilities.
The Informatica Application Retirement for Healthcare Solution comprises Informatica Data Archive Secure Edition, with integrated Dynamic Data Masking, and the Informatica Healthcare Retirement Accelerator, which includes a common healthcare data model, over 35 patient-centric reports, A/R Burndown module and Audit Logging for Fairwarning.
According to a report by Gartner, Inc., a leading IT research and advisory firm, entitled, Application Retirement Drives Structured Data Archiving, “Application retirement is a major challenge IT leaders cite as they respond to demands to move to the cloud, consolidate data centers and improve agility.” The report continues saying, “Structured data archiving addresses the need to reduce the volume of data in production instances and the requirement to maintain seamless data access. The benefits of using this technology include reduced capital expenditures (capex) and operating expenditures (opex) and improved information governance/lower risk.”